One Year On: Building Solidarity In The Creative Sector.
Creative solidarity movement for social change in times of conflict.
Centrala Space invites you to a conference One Year On: Building Solidarity In The Creative Sector on Thursday 4th May 2023 10am to 5pm (arrival 9.30 for registration, tea&coffee). Lunch and snacks included.
As advocates for Ukrainian and wider CEE (Central and Eastern European) communities in UK, Centrala has been working tirelessly over the past year to support Ukrainian arrivals to UK, as well as platforming CEE artists and their work both in UK and internationally.It has been an amazing and challenging year – to mark the collaborations, partnerships, conversations and experience gained along the way Centrala envisages to call an open conversation to imagine how the next steps in building the momentum of collective solidarity, action and learning.
One Year On: Building Solidarity In The Creative Sector proposes following enquiries:
- How can we form a national solidarity platform for all the displaced Ukrainian creatives in a divided and polarised society?
- How can we draw on the current decolonial and anti racist practices, and the postconflict knowledge and experience?
- What are the existing platforms of support and creative practices for both Ukrainian displaced and migrant creatives that are in existence and how can we ensure their better visibility and accessibility?
The conference will hold three main panels:
- How not to create a bubble – in what way can we speak about Ukrainian experience and conflict and action the needed change in the contexts which covers the wider migrant demographic in UK’s creative industries, rather than creating a separate entity?
- How can we better platform the existing national support initiatives – examining and disseminating the diverse practices and actions by national organisations and institutions.
- How do we best utilise the knowledge we already have from the past responses to conflict, displacement and refugee crisis in UK’s creative sector
Keynote speakers at each panel TBC. Panels will be followed by Q&A session, and activities or practical action following the conference.